Ellis of Richmond Ltd (Ellis Wines or we/us) is committed to protecting the privacy of the people that we receive information about. This means that we take steps to lawfully, fairly and transparently process any personal data that is made available to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which we will process your personal data. Please read this notice carefully. By providing your personal data to us you acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this notice.
When do we collect information?
We may collect personal information about you when:
- You enquire about our services
- You register with us to open a trading account and become a customer or supplier.
- Contact us by telephone, fax, email or post
- Complete a contact form on our website
In most instances Ellis Wines will be the data controller of any personal data which we collect from you.
Information may also be collected about you if you visit our website via cookies.
Cookies can store non-personally identifiable information, such as what web sites, pages, or advertisements your browser has accessed and may be tied to the personal information you knowingly choose to provide to us. Cookies help establish a user session and allow our web servers to correctly provide website users with the appropriate information and services.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your contact details, such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Details of any products or services you purchase from us
- Details of any information held by credit reference agencies
- Your IP address, information about your computer and how you used our website
- You are not obliged to provide personal data to us, but if you wish to trade with us there is certain information that we require.
How will we use this information?
We use information held by you in the following ways:
- To process your application to trade with us
- To undertake checks through a credit reference agency
- To comply with our Terms of Sale
- To provide you with product, information & services that you request from us
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it
- To provide you with information about our products and services where they are similar to those that we already provide or enquired about. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time
- If required to do so by law
- To help improve the service that we provide.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data is that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests above.
How we protect your information
We take appropriate measures (including physical and electronic) to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal information from unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We will never lend or sell your information to any third party.
We are committed to only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfil the relevant purposes that it was collected for, and for as long as we are required or permitted to keep it by law.
Transferring information overseas
We may share your personal information with our service providers (eg. cloud based services) and this may involve transferring it to countries outside the European Economic Area, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those that apply to us. Where we do so we will take all appropriate measures to ensure that the level of protection in those countries is similar to that which applies to the European Economic Area.
Special categories of data
‘Special categories of data’ is information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
We will never invite you, or any other parties, to provide such data to us about you. If we receive this information we will process it only so we can delete it, we will not process it for any other purpose.
You have the right to:
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office
- You may exercise your rights to object to us from using or processing your information by:
- clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in any marketing email
- sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org asking that we stop contacting you.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.