Recruiting: Wine Buyer (closed)
UPDATE: This role has now closed.
A wonderful opportunity to join our wine buying team.
We are currently celebrating our 200th anniversary.
Ellis Wines is an independent, family run, specialist wine merchant based near Twickenham, Middx. We represent award winning producers from around the world, whether large or small, and our ethos is hunt out interesting quality and value wines for our broad and diverse customer base, which operates mainly in the hospitality sector in London and across the country.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Buyer to join our fast-paced Purchasing team.
Location: Hanworth, Middlesex
Reporting to our Senior Wine Buyer, this full-time role will include:
- Assisting in the sourcing and selection strategy of our wine portfolio.
- Help negotiate supplier terms, including product pricing.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure they provide all the required product information and maintain our product information database.
- Ensure our BRC and ISO obligations are met and records are updated.
- Building strong supplier relationships.
- Host wine tastings with suppliers, customers, and our sales team.
- Ad hoc projects.
This is a great role for someone who is seeking a new challenge in the wine industry. Above all we are after someone who is prepared to join a busy and growing company with great ambitions. You should be confident and outgoing and keen to be part of the portfolio development, whether sourcing from existing suppliers, developing relationships with new producers, or furthering our search for more sustainable wines as part of the overall company strategy.
You will need to be able to provide evidence and demonstrate:
- Your enthusiasm and knowledge about wine.
- WSET Level 4 qualified or be part way through the course.
- A desire to learn and develop your existing knowledge in all aspects of buying.
- Excellent written and communication skills, along with strong credentials in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Show strong analytical skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Willing & able to travel internationally.
- A second language would be ideal, though not a pre-requisite.
In return we will offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Staff discount on wine purchases.
Please email your CV and covering letter, outlining why you are right for this role, by 5pm on Friday 22nd April 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org