Meet the Team: Megan
Put a face to the name at the Ellis family...
At Ellis, we pride ourselves on our level of customer service and creating long standing relationships with both our customers and growers alike built on loyalty, integrity and respect. These values start with our staff, all working hard to ensure our business runs smoothly and our service remains at an impeccable standard. Many of our loyal team have been with us over 20 years, proving both our dedication to our staff and their commitment to our customers.
Meet our Wine Buyer, Megan Clarke:
1. What’s your highlight at Ellis Wines? The team! But my professional highlight has got to be when I beat everyone at fantasy football.
2. Favourite wine and why? Impossible question but some of my favourites at the moment are Chablis 1er Cru Vaillon Domaine Dauvissat, Gorgo Custoza Summa, Taron Rioja Reserva, Cantina Orsogna Pecorino, Domaine des Remizieres Cornas, Mira la Mar Manzanilla…the list goes on.
3. Where were you born? Isle of Wight.
4. Favourite Instagram/Twitter account: @megs.world.of.wine (joking it’s probably chrissyteigen).
5. Celebrity crush: See question 9.
6. Sweet or savoury? Both – the big loves of my life are chocolate and cheese.
7. Latest Netflix obsession: Just binged Sex Education but Breaking Bad is still my fave.
8. Random fact: Freddie Mercury died on my third birthday.
9. Favourite Harry Potter character: Voldemort.
10. What do you think of when we say ‘fruit’? Grapes (I know…)
11. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate? ALL THE CHOCOLATE.
12. Tea or coffee? Herbal tea please.
13. How long does it take you get to get ready in the morning? Far too long, my hair takes a lot of (generally unsuccessful) taming.
14. If you were the 8th dwarf, what would your name be? Hiccupy.
15. What makes you happy? Sunshine, music, getting absorbed in a good book, an ice-cold G&T, drinking wine with friends.
16. Who would be your 2 dinner party guests (dead or alive)? Couldn’t chose 2 people but I think this would be a pretty good dinner party: Margaret Atwood, Malorie Blackman, JK Rowling, Noel Fielding, Jonathan Van Ness and Freddie Mercury.
17. Best childhood memory: Riding the escalator at the grand opening of BHS on the IOW…I got a badge and a balloon saying ‘I’ve ridden the escalator on the isle of wight’ as it was the first one on the island! It only went up though, so to get back down you had to take the stairs.
18. What did you want to be when you were small? A famous actress.
19. Do you collect anything? Does having two drawers stuffed full of old birthday cards count as a ‘collection’…!?
20. If you could be one person for a day, who would it be and why? Sir Mo Farrah – I would love to know what its like to be that good at running!
21. What animal would you be and why? A Swallow – I’d happily spend my winters in South Africa.
22. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Languages.
23. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? South of France.
Meet our other team members here...